As Foodie Philip was traveling that way heading for lunch, he stopped and picked up Popeyes Fried Chicken for lunch, along with a large red beans and rice.
- The 10 piece pack is $15.31 with tax and we served two pieces each, or $3.06 per serve
- The beans and rice are $4.37 with tax and we shared it, or $2.19 per serve.
Today’s chicken was fresh and hot out of the frier and very enjoyable for $5.25 per serve.
After such a meat heavy lunch we opted for tostadas with refried black bean, avocado, lime pickled onion and topped with micro-greens (the fancy new name for sprouts).
- The tostadas are 22 for $2.29 or 21c per serve
- Half a can of refried beans, shared across four tostadas are 26c per serve
- The avocados are $2.69 for five and we shared one, or 30c per serve
- Add 20c for a dusting of cotija cheese and the pickled onion.
We felt the best part of tonight’s meal was the bean and pickled onion combination, but overall it lacked some zing! Not bad for 97c per serve, though.