Putting smoked salmon and avocado together on a toasted sandwich seemed like a good idea. It should be at least okay, we thought. Well, it was okay, but the less expensive smoked trout would have worked better.
We’ll keep smoked salmon for Cobb Salad!
- The smoked salmon was $6.99 or $3.50 per serve
- The avocados are $2.69 for five and we shared one, or 30c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Add 20c for butter.
As we said, an okay sandwich, which should have been better for $4.32 per serve.
Because of NAB and our Australia trip, the meat is building up in our freezer ahead of the next delivery this week, so we’re “forced” to eat our way through it. Tonight we defrosted and light pan fried some boneless pork chops. That was paired with Chinese-Style Bok Choy with Mushroom Sauce as the side.
- The pork chops were $10.94 or $5.47 per serve
- Bok Choy was $1.50 or 38c per serve
- We doubled up on mushrooms with oyster mushrooms for $2.79 and shiitake for $1.99 (on run out), or $2.39 per serve
- Add 45c per serve for other ingredients.
The pork chops were perfectly pan fried and still very slightly pink inside while the bok choy and mushroom definitely had that familiar “Chinese” flavor. A good meal for $8.69 per serve.