With a fresh supply of pastrami, we prepared two sandwiches for toasting: pastrami, bread & butter pickles and Swiss and pastrami, Sauerkraut & Swiss. Both were good.
- The pastrami was $11.99 for 16 oz and we used 3 oz across two sandwiches, or $1.13 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- The Bubbies (natural) Sauerkraut is expensive at $6.99 or 22c per serve, but it is a very superior sauerkraut without the bad odor of most sauerkraut
- Add 45c for butter and garlic dip.
Lunch today cost $2.45 per serve.
An unseasonably cool day lead to our favorite Bacon and Black Bean Chili, which makes around six serves.
- The ground beef was $9.17 or $1.53 per serve
- The beans are $1.19 per can and we used two, or 40c per serve
- Canned tomatoes were $1.29 or 22c per serve
- Tomato paste was 79c or 13c per serve
- Bacon pieces were $4.49 for the pack and we used about 1/4, or 19c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for seasoning
- Add 20c for labné
- The avocado was 25c per serve.
This is a pretty good chili made even better by the ‘fixin’s’ on top for $3.22 per serve.