We had quite a lot of roasts vegetables from the tray bake a couple of nights ago, so rather than reheating, we put them in a pan and mixed in a savory custard to make a baked vegetable, crustless quiche.
It turns out to be a great way to use up the vegetables and halloumi when reheating tends to dry them out.
- Baked vegetable and halloumi was $1.93 per serve
- Add two eggs per serve or $1.00.
Lunch today was really good for $2.93 per serve.
This month’s meat box came with a Chateaubriand – a top sirloin roast – so we gave it the prime rib treatment by cooking slow and low to medium rare, then a hard, hot blast to render the fat and give a good crust on the outside.
The Chateaubriand will make at least four serves, as does the asparagus, but we finished all the garlic butter mushrooms tonight! We also prepared a horseradish cream sauce.
- The 2 lb Chateaubriand was $31.03 or $7.76 per serve
- Baby Bella Mushrooms were $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The asparagus was $3.69 and we used about half, or 92c per serve
- The creme frisch was $3.79 but we used only ⅛ or 23c per serve
- Add 75c for butter, horseradish and seasonings.
An excellent meal for $11.16 per serve.