Once again, we baked off some rustic panini rolls and stuffed them with the some sliced roast beef (top sirloin from the Chateaubriand) and spread the roll with home made relish (Philip’s brother) and the garlic spread.
It was a really tasty lunch.
- The panini roll is 63c per serve
- We used half a serve of the roast beef shared between us, or $1.94 per serve
- The tomato relish was free
- Add 20c for garlic spread.
A really good lunch for $2.77 per serve.
Thursday night steak night on a hot night is always a challenge. One easily met with a Fajita Steak Salad!
The onions and peppers were first sautéed on a cast iron griddle to soften and enhance flavor.
- The dry aged NY Strip steak is way overkill from our Keller Crafted meat delivery at $19.43 or $9.71 peer serve
- The tomatoes were $2.49 and we used half, or 63c per serve
- We purchased shredded red cabbage for $1.49 and used half, or 38c per serve
- The avocado was 99c or 50c per serve
- Bell peppers were $2.15 or $1.07 per serve
- Add 20c for onion
- Add 50c for seasoning and dressing ingredients.
The onion and peppers were exceptionally good and reminded both of us of an Australian BBQ where onions were always cooked on a steel flat top. The cabbage provided a crunch missing from the other ingredients, but otherwise seemed superfluous. The dressing provided a nice tangy balance. A good meal for $12.99 per serve.