While the weather has warmed up, we’re still enjoying toasted sandwiches for lunch as toasting the bread transforms it in a very positive way. Today we took some of the chili from a couple of nights ago and combined with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- The chili is $2.77 per serve and we shared ½ serve, or 70c per serve
- Add 35c for garlic spread and butter.
Today’s sandwich cost $1.70 per serve.
Tonight’s salad was designed to feature the burrata and was created by Foodie Greg as a riff on a Cobb Salad.
- The burrata was $4.99 or $2.50 per serve
- The Persian cucumber was $1.99 or 50 per serve
- Grape tomatoes were $2.49 for the pack, but we used half or 63c per serve
- We used one can of smoked trout per serve at $3.49
- Add 30c for watercress.
Dinner tonight was a good combination of smoked (and a little dry) trout with the freshness of the cucumber and tomato and creaminess of the burrata. The sprinkling of “Everything but the Bagel” spice (Trader Joe’s) really melded the dish. We enjoyed it for $7.42 per serve.