For lunch we finished some par baked panini rolls and stuffed them with the Soutzoukakia and some of the tomato sauce, along with a slice of Swiss cheese. Messy but so good.
- The Soutzoukakia and sauce come to $2.12
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- Par-baked roll is 55c.
Lunch today was great for $3.00 per serve.
We have been planning pulled pork since the Pork Shoulder arrived in our Keller Crafted meat box this month. We keep it simple, braising on a bed of onion and garlic cloves with chicken stock.
After three hours it was perfect and pulled apart beautifully. We served with a fresh corn – cut right off the cob into the salad – and “spicy” black bean salad. No-one noticed the spice, but with the bell pepper and shallot it was a perfect, sharp foil to the pulled pork.
- The pork shoulder is $18.94 and we’ll get six serves, or $3.16 per serve
- Onion and garlic adds 10c per serve
- Chicken stock is $3.99 a quart, and with one cup used 17c per serve
- The corn was 50c and we’ll get four serves of the salad, or 13c per serve
- The beans were 99c for a can, or 25c per serve
- The bell pepper was $1.32 or 33c per serve
- Add 15c for shallot and seasoning.
A really well balanced meal withe the pickled onion on top providing a sour crunch against the pulled pork, balanced with the freshness of the salad, for $4.29 per serve.