We had a new pack of the roast vegetable melange so we took some pieces and cooked them in the panini press while assembling the sandwich. The other was Black Forest ham with Bread and Butter Pickles with Swiss.
- The ham was $3.69 for 8 slices and we used two or 46c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- The roast vegetables are about 5c per serve.
- Add 45c for butter and garlic dip.
Two good sandwiches for $1.61 per serve.
For dinner we had another server of the Spicy Creole Chili. This time we left off the avocado because we didn’t feel it contributed much to flavor.
- The andouille sausage was $7.98 or $1.33 per serve
- Simple truth canned tomatoes were $1.29 or 22c per serve
- The beans are $1.00 per can or 33c per serve
- Add 20c per serve for the bell pepper
- Add 30c per serve for onion, chili powder, and other seasonings
- Add 10c for labné.
It definitely had more depth of flavor than the Southwest Beans and Rice version, but was definitely similar, probably due to similar ingredients. Overall a decent meal for $2.48 per serve.