Our normal lunch of toasted sandwiches. Today we shared a tuna pouch with capers and Swiss, and a sandwich of elements of the Grilled Eggplant and Zucchini Melange with Swiss. We used the panini press to defrost and heat the eggplant and bell pepper.
- The roast vegetables are about 5c per serve
- The tuna was $2.00 or $1.00 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- Add 45c for butter, mayo and capers.
Both are decent sandwiches for $1.85 per serve.
We returned to the Vietnamese Caramelized Pork Bowls, tonight with mung bean sprout and grated carrot that was drizzled with rice wine vinegar instead of rice
Again, we cut the sugar back from five, to two tablespoons.
- The ground pork was $8.35 and we’ll get four serves from that, or $2.09 per serve
- Add 40c for ginger, onion, garlic and chili, etc
- Bean sprouts were $1.49 but we used only 2/3 or 50c per serve
- Add 10c for grated carrot.
Dinner tonight was tasty for $3.09 per serve. It is yet another example of “pork and beans” although the beans are just sprouts!