Since we were very close to a Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen, we stopped in for an 11 piece special with large red beans and rice.
- The chicken is $2.98 per serve with tax
- The red beans and rice is $2.12 per serve with tax.
Lunch today was $5.10 per serve.
Foodie Greg has decided that Friday will be “fishy Friday” but with a broad definition of what constitutes “fish.” Tonight he chose wild caught salmon and souse vidé it to perfection.
We substituted oven baked cheese bites for croutons hitting both parmesan and crouton buttons, with more flavor.
- The salmon was $7.58 or $3.79 per serve
- The organic Romaine lettuce cost $1.99 or 99c per serve
- Oven baked cheese bites (instead of croutons and Parmesan) are $2.49 for the pack and we used half on the salad, or 67c per serve
- A pastured egg is 50c or 25c per serve
- Add 30c for other dressing ingredients.
A great meal for $6.00 per serve. The soue vide salmon has that perfect “just barely cooked” texture, but enough that it still flakes. This makes the salmon buttery soft in the mouth, rather than the coarser texture of further cooking.