While it sounds unusual, a liverwurst, shallot and mustard sandwich is an amazingly complex combination of flavor that transforms into something beyond its parts. Kumato and Garlic Spread, on the other hand, is an example of how something simple can still be elevated.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Liverwurst works out at 40c per serve
- Shallot and mustard/aioli add 25c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used one per sandwich, or 70c per serve
- Add 45c for butter and garlic spread on both.
A great pair of sandwiches for $2.12 per serve.
The last of our Keller Crafted steaks (and sadly because we’re flying out on what would have been delivery day, the last for the next month) went on the grill and was paired with an old favorite: long cooked broccoli with onion and feta.
The broccoli is completely transformed by the long cook, into something that melts away in your mouth and has great flavor from the onion and feta. The dish makes four serves.
- The steak is $21.60 per pound and tonight we shared 10 oz, or $6.70 per serve
- The Valpresso feta was $9.99 for the tin, but we used 1/6, or 42c per serve
- The broccoli was $2.79 or 70c per serve
- 2lb of sweet organic onions were $2.79 and we used about 1/8 or 9c per serve
- Add 15c per serve for red pepper flakes and other spices.
A very filling and satisfying meal for $8.06 per serve.