On one toasted sandwich, Smokey Tuna with Capers and Swiss Cheese; on the other Ham, Peanut Butter and Swiss.
- The tuna was $2.00 or $1.00 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- The ham was $3.69 for 8 slices and we used two or 46c per serve
- Add 50c for butter, garlic spread and capers.
Not a bad lunch for $2.62 per serve.
Once again we have “beef for fajita” in our meat box delivery, so we decided to do a riff on beef and broccoli stir fry, where the broccoli was first cooked in a butter soy mix, and served under the beef in a bowl.
- The ‘fajita’ beef cost $14.41 for a full pound of beef, or $7.21 per very generous serve
- The broccoli was $1.59 or 80c per serve
- Add 45c for butter, soy and other seasonings.
A little meat heavy but pretty tasty for $8.46 per serve.