Because we like it, we had the egg salad and sprouts in a panini roll again..
- The panini roll is 63c per serve
- The egg salad is $3.69 for 10 oz and we used 2 oz per serve, or 92c per serve
- The nanoshoots cost $2.50 and we shared about ¼ or 31c per serve.
We enjoyed this roll a lot for $1.86 per serve.
With a new month’s meat box available, and the last night of daylight saving where we can grill in the light, we decided on a rib eye steak with an Oz style interpretation of a Cobb salad, that is replicating the Australian-style hamburger.
- At 10 oz the rib eye is a little smaller than previously (12 oz) but $8.10 per serve
- A pastured egg is 50c
- The cheddar with caramelized onion was $5.48, and we used about 1/3 or 91c per serve
- Black Forest uncured bacon was $5.49 and we used half, or $1.38 per serve
- Beets in vinaigrette were $1.69 and we used 1/3, or 28c per serve
- The grape tomatoes are $2.00 and we used about half, or 50c per serve
- Add 30c for spinach and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
The rib eye was perfectly cooked and worked well in the salad. The highlight was the beets, but overall a great meal for $11.97 per serve