For lunch we decided to finish the Popeye’s Fried Chicken and paired it with some of the Pinto Bean and Andouille Sausage Stew.
- 9 Pieces of chicken were $8.99 on a new special, or $2.19 per serve with tax
- A half serve of the stew is $1.22.
An enjoyable lunch for $3.41 per serve.
We had planned on French Onion Soup, but did not start early enough to have it ready for tonight, so we chose scrambled eggs, bacon, and Grecian Style Eggplant with Tomatoes and Onions (Trader Joe’s), which is really good.
- The eggplant, tomato and onion is $2.49 or $1.25 per serve
- Two pastured eggs are $1.00 per serve
- Four slices of bacon are $2.74 or $1.37 per serve
- Toast is 16c per slice
- Butter adds 35c.
A great fall-back meal for $4.13 per serve.