We still had some of the chuck roast so we used the last of it in another par baked roll we finished in the oven, smeared with horseradish aioli, and stuffed with the chuck roast of a few nights ago, and tabouli.
- Tabouli was $2.69 but we used half, or 43c per serve
- The beef roast $4.42 per serve, and we shared one, or $1.21 per serve
- Add 20c for the horseradish aioli
- Add 63c for the roll.
A really good roll for $2.47 per serve.
In cold weather there’s nothing better than a steamy hot soup and French Onion is a favorite. We used half the onion in the French Onion soup and kept the remainder for sandwiches, etc.
- Five onions were $1.00 or 20c per serve
- Beef broth is $1.99 or 68c per serve
- A cup of red wine adds 40c per serve
- Butter adds 25c per serve
- Half a panini roll is 32c
- The gruyere was $8.99 and we used half, or $2.25 per serve.
The soup and roll comes to $1.85 and then the cheese adds another $2.25 to bring the total to $4.10 and worth every penny.