Since we had some of the Apple Bacon Slaw left over, we finished baking some panini rolls and stuffed them with sliced turkey breast and the remaining Apple Bacon Slaw.
- The panini roll is 63c per serve
- The turkey breast is $2.99 for 8 oz and two went on the sandwich, or 76c per serve
- The salad was $1.49 per serve.
A pretty decent roll for $2.88 per serve
Since the weather was taking a cold turn, our attention turned to our favorite chili: Bacon and Black bean! We will get four serves from this batch.
- The ground beef was $10.34 or $2.59 per serve
- The beans are $1.00 per can and we used two, or 50c per serve
- Canned tomatoes were $1.29 or 32c per serve
- Tomato paste was 79c or 20c per serve
- Bacon is $4.99 for the pack and we used 40%, or 50c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for seasoning
- The avocado was four for $2.99 and we shared one, or 38c per serve
- The lane adds 20c per serve
- The cheddar is $3.99 a block and we used 1/2 or $1.25 per serve.
Definitely a warming and filling chili for $4.99 per serve.