We often put more effort into a weekend lunch, so today we did a full on “English” breakfast of Turkey, Spinach and Feta sausages – from Keller Crafted – with Giant Baked Beans, fry toast and a fried egg.
- The sausages were $5.00 for the pack or $2.50 per serve
- The baked beans are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 16c per serve
- A pastured egg is 51c per serve
- Add 20c for butter and seasoning.
We greatly enjoyed lunch, which was $4.37 per serve
In every Keller Crafted box is a shoulder, butt or other slow roast meat. Slow roasting or braising these working muscles releases flavor and turns the meat into something tender and unctuous. We did a slow braise in stock with onions and pulled the results before serving.
- The pork was $21.15 and we will get six good size serves, or $3.53 per serve
- Onion and garlic add 25c per serve
- Chicken stock adds $2.00 or 40c per serve
- The missed color carrots were $3.99 but we only roasted half, or $1.00 per serve
- Frozen pearl onions are $1.69 but we only used ¼ of the pack, or 43c per serve
- Add 35c for cumin and balsamic vinegar.
We love pulled pork, and this was a great meal for $5.96 per serve.