A cold miserable day calls for a nice meat pie. Probably calls to Aussies stronger than Americans, but we do like a pie! Foodie Greg had Trader Joe’s Chicken Balti, while Foodie Philip had the Steak and Stout.
- Trader Joe’s pies are $6.49 for two or $3.25 per serve.
Since our hot smoked salmon was so successful last week, we smoked cod (frozen fillets) and served them with a brown rice kedgeree. This is a more traditional kedgeree rice and is served with the cod.
- The cod fillets were six for $12.99 or $2.17 per serve
- Eggs are 51c per serve
- Brown rice adds 33c per serve
- The chili was 15c or 8c per serve
- Limes were 40c or 20c per serve
- Tomatoes add 85c per serve
- Add 55c per serve for ginger, onion, curry powder, ghee and seasoning.
While the kedgeree had more heat than our normal recipe, it was a good variation with more intense flavors. The hot smoked cod was perfectly cooked and took up good smoke flavor and color. Another good meal for $4.69 per serve.