We were uninspired at lunch, so we reverted to toasted sandwiches. One with sliced turkey breast, sun dried tomato spread and Swiss, the other with Lemon Pepper Tuna, capers and Swiss.
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The tuna pouch was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 40c for butter, and sun dried tomato spread.
Lunch was pretty decent for $2.06 per serve.
While we have our favorite meatloaf recipes, this Greek Style with Spinach and Feta, was definitely interesting enough to try. We will get four very generous serves from this meatloaf.
We served with prepared dolmas and tabouli.
- Two pounds of lean ground beef from our Keller Crafted meat box cost $20.05 or $5.01 per serve
- The feta was $6.49 and we used half or 82c per serve
- Spinach was $1.49 or 38c per serve
- Eggs are 51c each or 27c per serve
- 16 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used 8oz or 38c per serve
- Add 50c per serve for parsley, seasoning and pomegranate molasses
- Dolmas were $2.49 and we shared half, or 63c per serve
- Tabouli was $2.69 and we used about ⅔ or 90c per serve.
This was a really good meatloaf. The lemon permeated it without dominating and the feta bought texture variation and salt. We’ll do this one again at $8.89 per serve.