With a little of the white bean chili left over, we opted to stuff a rustic panini roll fresh from the oven with the chili as a “sloppy Joe.”
- We shared a served of the chili for $2.07
- The panini roll is 63c.
Definitely a sloppy sandwich, but tasty for $2.70 per serve.
Our guests tonight had some dietary restrictions so we went vegetarian with grilled eggplant, peanut satay sauce and a very inauthentic Vietnamese inspired salad.
- Eggplant was $6.78 but we will get seven serves or 97c per serve
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/2, or 25c a serve
- Other seasonings in the satay sauce add 35c per serve
- Add 50c for marinade ingredients
- Carrot adds 10c per serve
- Mint came from our garden
- The lettuce was – ironically – a gift from one of our guests a couple of days earlier.
It was worth braving the cold weather to grill outdoors because this is a great meal for $2.17 per serve.