A return to a favorite – a pork Bahn Mi from Pho Saigon 1 in Chatsworth. A really great sandwich for $8.27 per serve with tax.
Another Thursday night, another dry aged rib eye steak, served with Vincent Price’s Endive and Beet Salad. Yes, Vincent Price the actor, who also (apparently) like to cook.
- At 10 oz the rib eye is $8.10 per serve
- The endive was $1.56 or 78c per serve
- Pickled beets in vinaigrette are $1.69, of which we used about ⅓ or 28c per serve
- The parsley was $1.49, of which we used ¼ or 19c per serve
- Add 15c for dressing ingredients.
The steak was a perfect for us, but we feel the salad really needed another ingredient, perhaps walnuts, as it was a little unexciting. Still a good meal for $9.41 per serve.