Toasted avocado and sardine sandwiches were on the agenda today.
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The avocado was $1.39 or 70c per serve
- Sardines are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Add 30c for garlic spread and butter.
A nice light sandwich for $2.32 per serve.
Tonight’s “fishy Friday” saw a return to the salmon pouch thawed frozen wild caught salmon in a parchment paper pouch with a generous serve of green beens (haricot verts) and a creamy mustard sauce. We served it with farrow.
- The salmon fillets were $8.99 for two or $4.50 per serve
- The green beans $2.99 for the pack and we shared half, or 50c per serve
- The farro was $1.79 for the pack, but we shared ½ or 45c per serve
- Add 50c per serve for the labné, mustard and other ingredients.
We decided we like the farro better than either brown or black rice. It really added A great way to cook salmon for $5.95 per serve