As part of a shopping trip to Whole Foods, we picked up a cucumber and avocado roll and Albacore tuna sashimi for $10.49 per serve.
While we have a couple of chili recipes we keep returning to, this one for Soy Chorizo Chili caught Foodie Greg’s eye. We will get six serves from this.
- The soy chorizo is $2.29 at Trader Joe’s or 38c per serve
- Diced tomatoes were $1.99 or 33c per serve
- Two cans of black beans were $1.58 or 26c per serve
- The bell pepper was $1.19 or 20c per serve
- A cup of frozen corn is 50c or 8c per serve
- The avocado was $1.39 or 70c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for onion, labné and oil.
The chorizo spice blended right through the chili, giving it a rich flavor and a mild heat for $2.29 per serve. That’s a lot of flavor for not much money.