Another shopping trip found us near an In and Out Burger where we got a Cheeseburger/Double Double Animal Style and bought it home. It was not as good just that little bit cooler than it is when you eat in.
The burgers average $3.87 with tax per serve.
The main reason we enjoy a shoulder, butt or other working muscle in our meat box is because they have so much flavor if prepared in a slow cooked meal. Tonight we found a recipe for Slow Cooked Mushroom Pot Roast. We will get four serves from this even though our roast is smaller and we skipped the potatoes.
- The roast was $21.76 or $5.44 per serve
- The mushrooms were $2.49 per pack and we used two, or $1.26 per serve
- Carrots were $3.99 and we used half or 50c per serve
- We used beef bone broth that cost $2.99 for the pack, but we used only ¼ or 19c per serve.
- Add 10c per serve for onion and garlic
- Add 50c per serve for seasonings.
This turned out really well. The beef was fall apart tender and meaty beefy flavor enhanced the broth. A great pot roast for $7.99 per serve.