Foodie Philip had a business lunch in Burbank for $22.30 each, while Foodie Greg had a prepared soup for $1.99. They average at $12.15 per serve!
For dinner we went very Greek/Mediterranean with Seared Lamb with Marinated Halloumi and Herbs, served with Mediterranean Salad kit, so we had both halloumi and feta! We will get four serves out of this.
- The ground lamb was $8.99 or $2.25 per serve
- Halloumi was $4.32 an we used about half, or 54c per serve
- Lemons were 89c or 23c per serve
- The salad was $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Add 70c per serve for herbs, oil and seasoning.
This is a great way to treat ground lamb, as it almost reconstitutes it to a solid meat. The marinated halloumi was a subtle texture variation but didn’t carry a lot of flavor from the marinade. A darn good meal for $4.72 per serve.