We might as well make it an all-take-out lunch week, so Foodie Philip picked up some Popeye’s Fried Chicken on his way home from Burbank.
- A 10 piece special was $13.98 and we had two piece each, or $2.80 per serve
- The red beans and rice is $3.99 or $2.00 per serve.
We enjoy Popeyes from time to time, for $4.80 per serve.
A return to “Fishy Friday” with Squid Puttanesca. We based the Puttanesca source on Nigella Lawson’s recipe, staring in the squid at the very last minute, allowing it to heat and cook, but remaining tender.
- The squid was $4.50 or $2.25 per serve
- Anchovies are $1.59 a can, or 40c per serve
- Garlic and seasonings add about 10c per serve
- The pasta was $1.29 or 33c per serve
- The unseasoned canned tomatoes were $1.00 or 50c per serve
- A jar of pitted olives is $2.99 but only half is used in the recipe or 38c per serve.
Although a little salty this puttanesca variation worked particularly well, although neither of us particularly liked the tentacles, for $3.96 per serve.