We reheated some of the pulled pork and stuffed it in a hot panini roll spread with a little Carolina Style BBQ sauce and topped with pickled onion.
- Pulled pork is 4.62 per serve or $2.31 each
- The panini roll is 63c
- Pickled onion is 35c
- Add 20c for Carolina BBQ Sauce.
We really enjoyed this sandwich for $3.64 per serve.
We had a brisket in our Keller Crafted meat box and, not being Jewish, weren’t sure how to cook it. Foodie Greg found a Souse Vidé recipe that required a 24 hour cook, to be finished on the grill at the end.
A 24 hour souse vidé is a slow cook, but we were concerned as other recipes suggested 36 or more hours to cook. We need not have worried.
Since we needed the grill anyway, we cooked corn for Eloté.
- The brisket was $18.29 or $4.58 per serve
- The corn was $3.00 for six cobs, or $1.00 per serve (although we have a cob spare)
- The Cotija was $3.99 and we used about ¼ or 33c per serve
- Add 50c for labné and garlic dip used to stick the Cotija to the corn.
The brisket was amazing. Extremely tender, more like roast beef. The fat had perfectly rendered and the meat had a true beef flavor. The Eloté was excellent, as always. This was a truly memorable meal for $6.41 per serve.