As we still had a chicken breast and the remaining half tomato, we repeated yesterday’s lunch, but on a hot panini roll.
- The roll is 63c
- The Heirloom Tomato was $1.70 and we used half today, or 43c per serve
- The Chicken was $6.99 and we shared ¼ or 88c per serve
- Add 20c for garlic spread.
An excellent reprise of a great sandwich for $2.14 per serve.
Tonight we returned to a long time favorite: Jambalaya.
- 1 lb of shrimp is $9.99, or $2.50 per serve
- Real pork andouille sausage from our local Ralph’s supermarket is $6.99 or $1.75 per serve
- Canned fire roasted tomatoes cost $1.69 or 43c per serve
- Bell pepper was 69c or 18c per serve
- Scallions, onion, garlic and herbs adds 35c per serve
- Tomato paste adds 12c per serve
- Rice adds 33c per serve.
Even though we dropped the chicken, this is a generous portion with good spice from the andouille, for $5.66 per serve. It’s likely we’ll get more than four serves from the base Jambalaya, without the shrimp.