Today we shared a couple of favorite sandwiches. On one Kumato and Cheddar: on the other Roast Turkey Breast, Sun Dried Tomato spread and Swiss.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The Old Crock cheddar was $5.45 or 45c per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we each had one, or 35c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 16c per serve
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ⅓ or 58c per serve
- Add 20c for Sun Dried Tomato Spread
- Add 20c for garlic spread.
Good sandwiches come from good ingredients for $2.50 per serve.
For this week’s Meatless Monday we grilled a favorite – eggplant – until custardy smooth, added Peanut Satay and serve with an Asian flavored Cucumber Mango salad and you ask “who needs meat?”
- The eggplant was $2.98, or $1.49 per serve
- Persian cucumber was 88c or 44c per serve
- We used Mango left over from July 19 (and included there)
- Add 25c for dressing ingredients
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/2, or 25c a serve
- Other seasonings in the satay sauce add 35c per serve
- Add 50c for marinade ingredients.
The Eggplant was perfectly custardy and worked incredibly well with the Peanut Satay Sauce. It was all well balanced by the Asian salad. A great meal for $3.28 per serve.