A trip to Jon’s always results in a BBQ Chicken, Baguette and Heirloom tomato that we enhance with Garlic Spread.
- The Baguette was $2.79 and we each had ¼, or 70c per serve
- The Chicken was $6.99 and we shared a breast, or 88c per serve
- The Heirloom Tomato was $1.92 and we used half, or 48c
- Add 20c for Garlic Spread.
An excellent lunch for $2.26 per serve.
Sticking with the ‘fishy Friday’ theme tonight was a return to the Baked Cod with Beans and Olives recipe.
- The beans were $1.00 per can or 50c per serve
- The cod fillets were six for $6.47 or $2.23 per serve
- The olives come in a $4.49 jar, and we used half, or $1.25 per serve
- The lemons were $1.78 or 89c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for seasoning and oil
- We served with the rest of the Baguette at 70c per serve.
Largely because of the olives and lemon, this gets Foodie Greg’s approval because it doesn’t taste strongly of fish. A decent meal for $5.87 per serve.