Since it was so good we repeated the BLT and paired it with an Egg Salad and Sprouts sandwich.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The egg salad is $3.69 for 10 oz and we used 2 oz per serve, or 46c per serve
- The sprouts cost $1.99 and we shared about 1/8 or 6c per serve
- Bacon is $7.99 for eight pieces and we used two, or $1.00 per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we shared one, or 18c per serve
- Add 20c for Garlic Spread and Lettuce.
Cooking the bacon in the panini press keeps it flat, which is perfect for a sandwich. Good sandwiches from simple ingredients for $2.56 per serve.
A return of a favorite: Jambalaya.
- 1 lb of shrimp is $9.99, or $2.50 per serve
- Real pork andouille sausage from our local Ralph’s supermarket is $6.99 or $1.75 per serve
- Canned fire roasted tomatoes cost $1.69 or 43c per serve
- Bell pepper was 69c or 18c per serve
- Scallions, onion, garlic and herbs adds 35c per serve
- Tomato paste adds 12c per serve
- Rice adds 33c per serve.
Enjoyable as always for $5.66 per serve and quite warming for a cool summer evening.
One thought on “Aug 10: BLT, Egg Salad; Creole-Style Jambalaya with Sausage and Shrimp”