For lunch we decided on Heuvos Rancheros from from Viva La Fiesta for $10.00 per serve with tax and tip. It’s good.
A favorite meatloaf recipe is the Red Wine and Mushroom Meatloaf using two pounds of Keller Crafted Ground Beef. We served with Creamy and Garlicky Mash Potatoes with Gravy. We added green peas to the plate for color and a little more vegetable in the meal.
The meatloaf recipe makes four generous serves.
- The dry aged ground beef was $20.16 or $5.04 per serve
- Sliced portobello mushrooms were $2.99 or 75c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two large eggs are $1.02 or 25c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- Potatoes were $1.63 or 82c per serve
- Garlic Spread adds 20c per serve
- Sour Cream adds 30c
- Frozen peas are $1.29 per pack and we used half, or 33c per serve.
An excellent meatloaf with good sides makes a great meal for $8.92 per serve.