We shared two sandwiches today: Egg Salad and Sprouts and a Turkey Breast, Swiss and Sun-dried Tomato Spread.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The egg salad is $3.69 for 10 oz and we used 2 oz per serve, or 46c per serve
- The sprouts cost $1.99 and we shared about 1/8 or 6c per serve
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ⅓ or 58c per serve
- Add 20c for Sun Dried Tomato Spread
- Add 20c for garlic spread.
These aren’t the most exciting sandwiches in the world, but decent for $2.16 per serve.
Tonight we repeated our Meatless Monday with half the packet of Trader Joe’s Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions and cooked them in a frying pan.
We then added four beaten eggs and set it as a frittata. An easy, meatless meal.
- The Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions is $2.99 for the pack, but we used half, or 75c per serve
- Pastured Eggs are 51c each or $1.02 per serve.
The Frozen Potatoes come subtly spiced and we amped up the Spanish Tortilla aspect with additional Smokey Paprika. We ate two quarters each, it was that good, for $1.77 per serve.