A trip to Jons always results in a Fresh Baguette, hot-out-of-the-rotisserie Chicken, and some good tomatoes, usually Heirloom but today, Kumato.
- The Chicken is $6.99 and we shared a breast or 88c per serve
- The Tomato was 31c or 16c per serve
- The Baguette was $2.79, but we shared half for lunch, or 70c per serve
- Add 20c per serve for Garlic Spread.
A truly great combination, because of the quality of ingredients, for $1.94 per serve.
Last month’s Keller Crafted meat box came with “Stir Fry Pork” so we tried this Cashew Chicken recipe, which makes four serves.
- The Pork is $10.84 or $2.71 per serve
- Sugar Snap peas were $3.49 or 88c per serve
- Mushrooms were $2.49 + $2.99, or $1.38 per serve
- We used about 1/4 of the $6.99 pack of Chili Lime Cashews, or $1.17 per serve
- Marinade ingredients and seasoning add another 80c per serve.
This was a truly, truly boring stir-fry. The pork was tender, but overall, it lacked flavor and was disappointing for $6.94 per serve.