In a short break while we had power, we cooked up half a pack of Trader Joe’s Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions, and topped with beaten eggs and cooked as a Frittata.
- The Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions is $2.99 for the pack, but we used half, or 75c per serve
- Pastured Eggs are 51c each or $1.02 per serve.
We ate two quarters each, it was that good, for $1.77 per serve.
We Sous Vidé a Pork Sirloin to a perfect medium rare and served with Stir-fried Bell Peppers and Bean Sprouts.
- The Pork Sirloin was about $10.00 and we served about 2/3 putting aside the rest for a sandwich or roll later, or $3.33 per serve
- Mung Bean Sprouts were $1.59 or 80c per serve
- Red Bell Pepper was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve.
The Pork Sirloin was perfectly tender and the Bean and Peppers Stir-fry was a good accompaniment for $5.13 per serve.