The Foodies were close to the New York Chicken and Gyro so we picked up Lamb Gyros from for $8.17 per serve with tax and tip.
Being Fishy Friday we decided on homemade Clam Chowder using Foodie Greg’s own recipe, which made six serves in total.
- The Clams and Clam Juice were $11.49 or $1.92 per serve
- Celery was 99c but we used half, or 8c per serve
- Russet Potatoes were $1.83 or 31c per serve
- Bacon was $7.99 for 12 rashers and we used two, or 22c per serve
- Half and Half is $1.49 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c per serve for other ingredients.
This made an excellent Clam Chowder, with abundant “clammage” and a smooth creamy texture. A great soup for $2.98 per serve.