Lunch for one today – Foodie Greg was still unwell – was a Toasted Sweet & Spicy Tuna with Swiss Sandwich.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The Swiss is 33c per serve
- The Sweet & Spicy Tuna pouch is 99c.
Definitely a better sandwich than the Ham & Swiss of a couple of days ago, for $1.98 per serve.
Also planned for much earlier in the week before Foodie Philip took ill, tonight’s Penne Bolognese was very simple to put together – basically a Tomato Sauce with Cooked Ground Beef – because of the quality of ingredients, it wasn’t super cheap! Fortunately we’ll get four serves.
- 1 lb of Keller Crafted ground beef is $8.25 or $2.06 per serve
- The Marinara Sauce was $8.99 or $2.25 per serve
- Penne was $2.39 and we used half, or 60c per serve.
High quality ingredients translate to a high quality dish, and this was no exception for $4.91 per serve.