Since we still had some Boston Baked Beans left, we heated it, served on toast and topped with a Fried Egg.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 33c per serve
- The Baked Beans have already been accounted for
- A Pastured Egg is 51c.
It was pretty good for 84c per serve.
When you dinner guest is a “meat and potatoes” kind of guy, what better than a Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes with Gravy! We served ourselves some Sugar Snap Peas and reverted to our tried and true Mushroom and Red Wine Meatloaf.
- The dry aged ground beef was $20.16 or $5.04 per serve
- Sliced portobello mushrooms were $2.49 or 63 per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two large eggs are $1.02 or 25c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- Gravy was $1.99 or 67c per serve
- The Potatoes were $3.57 and we only used half, or 60c per serve
- Sugar Snap Peas were $3.47 and we used half, or 87c per serve
- The Sour Cream was 99c and we used ¼ or 13c per serve.
The Meatloaf was very successful. The ‘secret’ to this meatloaf is to chop onion and mushroom very finely, so they don’t break the texture of the meatloaf. A good meal for $9.22 per serve.