Since we had a drop off to do nearby, we combined that with an opportunity to support our local businesses, so we had take out from The Country Deli. Foodie Philip had The Magnificent Sandwich (the same Skirt Steak as the breakfast version, but on a roll with onion, peppers and mushrooms). Foodie Greg had a Pastrami on Rye. Lunch at the Deli averaged $22.16 with tax and tip.
We decided to finish the Chicken Legs from our Roast Chicken so we served them on top of a Chicken Vegetable Velouté, which is basically the filling from a Chicken Pot Pie, without the Chicken.
- The Chicken Leg is $1.75 per serve
- The English Peas were $3.49 and we served half, or 88c per serve
- Carrots were 95c or 48c per serve
- Celery and Onion add 45c per serve
- Chicken Stock adds $1.00 per serve.
A truly deconstructed Chicken Pot Pie, which turned out really well for $4.56 per serve.