Our Sunday lunch often revolves around Eggs, so today we chopped some Chorizo, Onions and Bell Peppers and made a Frittata with the remaining Buffalo Mozzarella.
- Two Large Eggs are 30c per serve
- The Chorizo was $7.99 and we used ¾ or $3.00 per serve
- The Mozzarellas was $9.99 and we used half, or $2.50 per serve
- Add 30c per serve for Onion, Bell Pepper and Smoked Paprika.
While a little expensive, the “clean out the refrigerator” Frittata was very tasty for $6.10 per serve.
We had a good sized chuck roast from our Keller Crafted meat deliver, and decided to do a pot roast variation: Beef and Barley Pot Roast with Mushrooms in a pot in the oven, not on a stove top.
- The beef was $21.22 or $5.30 per serve
- Mixed Mushrooms were $7.99 or $4.00 per serve
- The pearl barley is $4.89 for a 28 oz bag, or 35c per serve
- Mushroom stock replaced the other stocks in the recipe for $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Wine adds 20c per serve
- Onion, celery and garlic add 35c per serve.
Very filling and satisfying for $11.20 per serve.