Still on the Bagel kick, we took some sliced Black Forest Ham, Tomato and Melted Swiss and made a sandwich with a Brioche Bagel.
- The Brioche Bagels are $2.89 for five, or 58c per serve
- Swiss adds 34c per serve
- Black Forest Ham is $3.29 per pack, or 55c per serve
- The Tomato adds about 35c per serve.
Another interesting sandwich for $1.82 per serve.
A return to an old favorite: Hebrew Temptation, or Smokey Cheese and Pumpkin Slice.
Originally this was a Zucchini Slice, but the Foodies made a few modifications. We use the fat from the bacon as the oil component for this savory cake. It’s name derives from an experience where this dish tempted a Jew because “my wife says I’ve got to try it.”
- Five eggs are 19c per serve
- A cup of Flour adds 9c per serve
- Bacon was $6.99 for the pack or 69c per serve
- Butternut Squash (cubed) was $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Add 60c for other ingredients.
This makes an excellent meal for $2.57 per serve.