After our recent experiment with reproducing an Egg-in-the-hole as a Bagel, we tried again, toasting the bagel first, which worked better.
- The Brioche Bagels are $2.89 for five, or 58c per serve
- Large Eggs are 21c each, or an average of 42c per serve
- We shared a 31c Avocado, or 16c per serve.
The combination worked well, but we decided the Bagel needed to be toasted first. Not bad for $1.16 per serve.
Being ‘Fishy Friday’ we returned to the Coconut Curry Mussels we enjoyed so much last time. We served with a hot Panini Roll.
- The pre-cooked Mussels were $2.29 or $1.15 per serve
- Coconut Milk was $1.89 or 95c per serve
- We used three baby Bell Pepper for 16c each, or 24c per serve
- Ginger was 24c, or 12c per serve
- Add 75c per serve for the other ingredients
- The Panini Roll is 63c.
This time we upped the Lime Juice and Fish Sauce for a better result. A very enjoyable dish for $3.84 per serve.