A shopping trip had us near our favorite Gyro outlet New York Chicken and Gyro where we picked our Gyros for $8.17 per serve with tax and tip.
While we loved our regular Rissole recipe, tonight we decided to try a version that had cooked rice instead of breadcrumbs as the primary binder.
- Dry aged 85/15 ground beef $8.57 or $2.86 per serve
- A cup of cooked rice is 34c or 11c per serve
- A large egg is 23c or 7c per serve
- The onion is 4c per serve
- Spinach was $1.49 or 38c per serve
- The cherry tomatoes were $2.99 and we used half or 75c per serve
- Pickled beets in vinaigrette are $1.69, of which we used about ⅓ or 28c per serve
- We used about ⅓ of the $5.75 Caramelized Onion Cheddar, or 96c per serve
- Add 10c for Carolina BBQ sauce.
The Rice was a failure as a binder, but the Rissoles were tasty enough. A good meal for $5.55 per serve.