Today we experimented with an Aldi 12 Grain Bread around an Avocado and Smoked Trout Sandwich.
- The Avocado was 31c or 16c per serve
- We shared a $3.49 can of Smoked Trout, or $1.75 per serve
- Aldi 12 Grain Bread is 22c per slice
- Garlic Spread adds 50c per serve.
Unfortunately the Aldi Bread was pretty boring, but the 31c Avocado from there was good! A decent sandwich for $2.63c per serve.
Tonight we experimented with a new recipe: Easy Stir-Fried Pork With String Beans, although we substituted Green Beans.
- The Green Beans were $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The pork was $8.99 or $4.50 per serve
- Add 35c for other ingredients
- Add 33c for Brown Rice.
This was rather a disappointing recipe as it lacked flavor and seasoning, for $6.68.