A last minute change of plans had us scrambling for lunch ideas, so we repeated the Egg Salad & Sprouts, & Ham Smoked Cheddar & Kumato sandwiches.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Smoked Cheddar is 43c per slice
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we shared one, or 35c per serve
- Black Forest Ham is $3.29 per pack, or 35c per serve
- Egg Salad is $3.69 and we use about ¼ for each sandwich, or 46c per serve
- Sprouts add 30c per serve
- Garlic Spread adds 50c per serve.
The Dave’s Killer Bread is considerably more expensive than the Aldi 12 Grain, but it’s worth it! Good sandwiches for $3.13 per serve.
Foodie Greg prepared the Roasted Potato, Peppers and Onion Frittata ahead of an expected lunch guest, who did enjoy a quarter later in the day. We averaged three serves from the Frittata.
- A Large Egg is 21c each and we used six, or 42c per serve.
- The Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions is $2.99 for the pack, but we used half, or 50c per serve
- Add 50c for Salad Greens and Sherry Vinegar.
An excellent simple meal for $1.42 per serve. The Frittata was very good served at room temperature.