As we had two Garlic Naan left, we finished in the oven, preach with Neufchatel, and topped with Smoked Trout, Capers & Shallot.
- The Garlic Naan was $3.99 for six, and we used two, or 67c per serve
- We shared a $3.49 can of Smoked Trout, or $1.75 per serve
- Neufchatel adds 15c per serve
- Add 25c for Capers & Shallot.
The combination worked well and it was a tasty open faced sandwich for $2.82 per serve.
Tonight we experimented with a Larb made from Ground Beef instead of Ground Pork, and served it deconstructed over a Bean Sprout focused Salad.
- 1 lb of Keller Crafted ground beef is $8.25 or $2.06 per serve
- Add 25c for seasonings
- Bean sprouts are $2.49 per pack and we used about 1/3 per serve or 42c per serve
- Baby Bell Peppers are 16c each or 24c per serve
- Add 30c for Peanuts
- Mint was $2.49 and we used about 1/5th or 25c per serve.
We will get four serves from the Beef Larb. The freshness of the Salad was a good balance for the intense flavor of the Beef. A good meal for $3.52 per serve.