Foodie Greg had a hankering for Giant Baked Beans, so we toasted a Brioche Bagel, fried an Egg in the hole and topped with the Baked Beans.
- The Brioche Bagels are $2.89 for five and we shared one, or 29c per serve
- Large Eggs are 21c each
- The Giant Baked Beans are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve.
A tasty lunch for $1.50 per serve.
Tonight we returned to our traditional Rissole recipe, which is an Australian Classic.
- Dry aged 85/15 ground beef $8.57 or $2.86 per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve
- A free range egg is 21c or 11c per serve
- The onion is 4c per serve
- Spinach was $1.49 or 38c per serve
- The cherry tomatoes were $2.99 and we used half or 75c per serve
- Pickled beets in vinaigrette are $1.69, of which we used about ⅓ or 28c per serve
- We used about ⅓ of the $5.75 Caramelized Onion Cheddar, or 96c per serve
- Add 10c for Carolina BBQ sauce.
The original recipe is definitely best! A good meal for $5.98 per serve.