We keep trying to find a Sardine the Foodie Greg likes. Today was not the day.
- The Avocado was 51c or 26c per serve
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- The Sardines were $2.47 or $1.24 per serve
- Garlic Spread adds 50c per serve.
Avocado and Sardines may be a decent sandwich, and credited by Alton Brown for his earlier weight loss, but they are not a favorite of Foodie Greg. A decent sandwich for $2.74 per serve.
A new recipe for us – Chorizo and Giant Bean Cassoulet – has a lot of steps to prepare, but it does have good flavor. We will get at least four serves.
- We substituted Smoked Bratwurst for the Chorizo for $5.99, or $1.50 per serve
- Giant Beans were $14.85 for one pound, and we used half, or $1.85 per serve
- Canned Tomatoes were 49c or 12c per serve
- Anchovies are $1.59 and three went in, or 13c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for other ingredients.
This was more flavorsome than expected, and quite a good meal for $3.90 per serve.