When we open a can of Sardines, we both get a full sandwich with Sardines. Today with Avocado and Garlic Spread.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Skinless, boneless sardines in water are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The Avocado was 51c or 26c per serve
- Add 50c for Garlic Spread.
These Sardines were fairly mild and blended well into the sandwich, for $2.50 per serve.
The Foodies decided to try cooking a pizza on the grill – a new experience and a bit of an experiment. We were going to put a mix of Cod and Smoked Salmon, but Foodie Greg found a great deal in Smoked Salmon trimmings, that we dropped the Cod.
- The Smoked Salmon was $5.49 for 8oz, and we used six, or $2.06 per serve
- The Pizza Dough was $1.29, or 65c per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we used one each, or 70c per serve
- About two ounces of Neufchatel went on each Pizza, or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Capers and Shallot.
These worked particularly well for first try. We slightly underbaked the dough, but not terribly. The flavor profile was excellent and we were both stuffed with an 8″ Pizza each, for $3.86 per serve. We’ll definitely be doing this again.