A now infrequent trip to Jon’s always scores a good BBQ Chicken and a fresh Baguette. If possible we buy a Heritage Tomato but lately we’ve settled for more modern varieties.
- The Baguette is $2.99 and we shared half for lunch, or 75c per serve
- The Chicken is $6.99 and we shared ¼ or 88c per serve
- The Dashi Tomato adds 70c per serve
- Add 50c for Garlic Spread.
An excellent meal for $2.83 per serve.
A (Fishy) Friday favorite is the Coconut Curry Mussels, with Mussels now sourced from Aldi instead of Trader Joe’s. We served the the rest of the Baguette. We added baked Eggplant
- The pre-cooked Mussels were $2.29 or $1.15 per serve
- Coconut Milk was $1.89 or 95c per serve
- We used three baby Bell Pepper for 16c each, or 24c per serve
- Ginger was 24c, or 12c per serve
- The Eggplant was $1.35 or 68c per serve
- Add 75c per serve for the other ingredients
- The Baguette was 75c per serve.
The Roast Eggplant was an excellent addition that added texture variation and additional vegetable. A great meal for $4.64 per serve.